While most people aren’t ready to bid summer a fond farewell, the three-day holiday weekend is upon us. For many it’s a time of rest, but the faithful Lyft driver has many great reasons to maximize time in driver mode. Here are 8 reasons to hit the road this weekend:
- Can you say PRIME TIME?!
- You might drop off a passenger in a cool new location you can explore later — or together, on the spot.
- One last (seasonal) chance to hit the ice cream stand you're always driving by.
- Your passengers will have a final shot to share their summertime playlists when they take over as deejay: "Summertime," by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince, "Summer," by Calvin Harris, and "Turn Down for What" are natural favorites.
- Last chance to enjoy the heady scent of coconut sunscreen lingering long after your passenger is dropped off.
- Dad’s probably going to burn the burgers anyway.
- A/C to the max.
- Helping your community stay safe and reconnect, one passenger at a time.
- Look online and in city papers to check out events for the weekend.
- Maximize earnings by being available near big events, but also surf those crowds to promote and build your market for the fall.
- Visibility, visibility, visibility — rock that ’stache!
- Don’t forget to have fun! The passengers will naturally come to you.
These tips brought to you by Virginia Beach driver Shannon Hendrix and Detroit driver Ariana Baseman.