Between saying hi, fistbumping, and correctly typing Hardtospell Street, we know the first few minutes of every ride can be pretty busy. Starting today, after requesting their Lyft, passengers have the option to enter their drop-off location directly in the app! I sat down with Anna this week to talk about this much-anticipated new feature.
Here's how it works:
- Once a passenger's ride request is accepted, they'll have the option to enter their destination.
- If a passenger chooses to enter their destination, the app will prompt you to confirm the address when you slide to start the ride.
- If a passenger opts not to use this feature, you’ll still need to type in the location — but now you can enter destinations directly in the Lyft app, so when your navigation app launches, the address is already there!
- Sometimes passengers need to change their destination mid-ride, like when there are multiple stops. Now, the passenger can open the app, update the address, and your navigation will update along with it. Pretty nifty.
- This new feature will have no impact on ride pricing. Price will still be determined by the time and distance of the ride itself, not by any pre-entered destination.
As always, if your passenger has a preferred route, be respectful of their wishes and follow their directions. With this new feature, you can easily start navigation, giving you a vital backup in the event you get off track.
We built this feature to improve your overall experience, and because we noticed navigation is the top reason drivers receive lower star ratings. Try it out! :)