Sometimes, passengers cancel the ride after you’re already en route to them. “But I was so excited to pick her up,” you think. “She was going to love my customized slow jamz playlist!”
Here’s why your passenger may have canceled the ride:
1. He couldn’t stop crying after the season finale of The Bachelor, and didn’t want to get your front seat wet.
2. Her chatty great-aunt Mildred called seven seconds after she requested your ride.
3. He forgot it was the weekend, springing from his bed and requesting a Lyft ride before remembering it wasn’t a work day. (Saturdays are for early-morning cartoons, not commutes.)
4. She realized she had five friends and a cactus with her. She should’ve requested a Lyft Plus.
5. He wanted to finish his solo Beyonce-themed dance party.
Remember, we’ll automatically charge your passenger a $5 cancelation fee if it’s five or more minutes after you accepted the request, and you’re on track to arrive within five minutes of the original ETA. Learn more about our cancelation policy in the Help Center.