We’re partnered with Credit Karma Tax to connect you with an easy (and entirely free!) way to get your taxes done.
What is Credit Karma Tax?
It’s a simple online tax software that lets you file your federal and states taxes for free. They’ll never charge you to use their service, even for itemized deductions.
If you get stuck, they have a dedicated support team ready to answer your questions.
How Credit Karma Tax Works
Here’s what they offer:
● All the common forms and schedules, including 1099s. If your taxes aren’t supported, they’ll let you know
● Free state and federal filing
● The ability to file multiple 1099s
● Free filing for business expense deductions
● A simple interview format that walks you through filing sections and provides recommendations on choosing the standard mileage rate or the actual expenses method
To start filing:
Sign up for Credit Karma (if you’re not already a member).
Grab your business expenses, mileage information, and 1099 forms (if you have any).
If you have questions, they’ve got you covered with great resources (like their guide to filing a 1099 and common rideshare deductions). If you can’t find what you need on their help center, their dedicated support team is on hand to help out.
Here’s to making tax season a breeze!