Philly, it’s your time to shine. The Democratic National Committee (DNC) convention comes to town next week, and it’s already starting to spike demand in the city. Here’s how to make the most of it.
Earn More, Guaranteed
To thank you for driving when you’re needed most, we’re offering up to $600 in Average Hourly Guarantees. Just make sure to opt in through your email, and meet the requirements.
4-7 PM, 11 PM-4 AM Monday-Thursday
Know Your Road Closures
To accommodate its 50,000+ attendees, the city will be enforcing road closures starting today, July 22. You’ll only be able to access these roads if you (or your passenger) has a security pass, so make sure to study the map.
Pick Up at the Holiday Inn
We’ve reserved a convenient, easy spot for Lyft pickups at the Holiday Inn at 900 Packer Ave., and will be directing your passengers there. (It’s one of the few places you can access without a security pass.) To make sure every pickup goes smoothly, we recommend calling passengers after accepting their request.
Drop Off at Your Passenger’s Destination
Follow the Schedule
It all starts today. As attendees make their way into town from July 22-24, they’ll turn to you for rides to local hotels, and to pre-convention events. (Good news: You’re approved to pick them up and drop them off at Philadelphia International Airport.)
The DNC itself takes place from July 25-28. You can expect high demand throughout each day:
- 9-10 AM: Hotels to the Pennsylvania Convention Center
- 4-7 PM: Pennsylvania Convention Center to the Wells Fargo Center
- 11 PM: Wells Fargo Center to hotels and bars
- 2-4 AM: Bars close, delegates head to hotels
That’s not all: The convention’s scheduled major parties, especially on the last day of the DNC.
- 7 PM on Saturday, July 23: Media Party @ Citizens Bank Park
- 5:30 PM on Monday, July 25: Alicia Keys @ Politico Hub Opening
- 1 PM on Thursday, July 28: Lady Gaga, Lenny Kravitz, DJ Jazzy Jeff @ BB&T Pavilion
- 7 PM on Thursday, July 28: Hillary Clinton’s Acceptance Speech: DNC Watch Party @ The Piazza at Schmidt’s Commons
From July 29-31, attendees will need your help getting home, too. Get ready for 10 full days of high demand.
Keep it Fun, Keep it Safe
Remember to use our 24/7 Critical Response Line for emergencies. Save 855-865-9553 in your phone now, and read up on our damage policy, just in case.