There’s a lot that goes on during a Mentor session: making sure mentees have the right documents handy, answering questions, and completing the checklist — all while keeping a welcoming smile. Here are our suggestions to make mentor sessions a success.
- Call mentees immediately after accepting the request. If there’s no answer after the first 2 or 3 calls, cancel the session and hop back on the road.
- If the mentee shows up without insurance documents, continue the session and complete the test ride, if you’re comfortable with it. We can snag the necessary documents after the session.
- Sometimes the app can boot out Mentors mid-session. If it happens, don’t panic. Complete it like normal, then send a follow-up email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include photos of the mentee, his or her car, drivers license and insurance, and feedback, comments, and concerns.
- Be sure to spend a good 10 to 15 minutes in the test ride. It’s important for mentors to gauge driving abilities and monitor navigation skills.
- On the fence about a possible new driver? Chances are they may not be the best fit. We want drivers on the road that you know without a doubt will make a great driver, and we trust you to use your best judgement. Mark the checklist appropriately, leave detailed comments, and rate honestly — 4.7 and higher are passing marks.
Together, we'll blanket the world with pink mustaches.