Safety is more important than ever on December 31. Take a minute to study our quick tips, just in case.
Be prepared for intoxicated passengers.
New Year's is a cause for celebration, so many passengers will be relying on you for a safe and sober ride home.
- Consider keeping water bottles (and maybe barf bags) in your car.
- Over-communicate, especially when confirming pickup and drop-off locations.
- Make sure your passenger gets inside their destination after exiting your car.
With so many passengers and Lyft drivers on the road, there's a higher chance of mix-ups.
- Always ask the passenger what their name is.
- If the wrong passenger gets in your car, you'll want to clarify immediately, and show them how to request a Lyft on their own.
- If you can't find your passenger, follow our no-show cancelation policy.
Know when to take a break.
When you're feeling drowsy, your reaction time is slower and your attention span is limited. It's also hard to keep your eyes open and focused on the road. Toggle out of driver mode if any of these symptoms creep up on you:
- Blurred vision, muscle aches, or buzzing in your ears
- Unintentional changes in speed
Expect traffic and longer ETAs than usual — but also multiplied earnings, major Prime Time, and the most fun passengers of the year.