Shout-out to our newest friends behind the wheel! Here's (pretty much) all the advice you need to get yourself up to speed on everything ’stache-related. 1. Dive Right In We know sliding into driver mode and accepting your first request can be a little daunting, but you’re ready for it. The only real way to get good at being a Lyft driver is to give it a try.
2. Practice Navigation Be sure to input every passenger’s destination into your navigation system. The top cause of lower ratings is poor navigation, so put your mind at ease by using GPS.
3. Clean it Up Always tidy up your car before you hit the road.
4. Pass Out Referral Cards You can order personalized referral cards to help us grow your local ridership. Earn some extra cash for every new passenger who takes their first ride using your code, too.
5. Drive During Peak Hours Your best changes for Prime Time are during weekday rush hour and weekend nights. Those are our busiest times, when ride prices go up.
6. Study the Help CenterThe FAQ is updated almost daily, and has the answers to all of your questions. Use it!
7. Lost and Found If a passenger leaves something behind in your car during a Lyft ride, they can now use our system to send you a text message about the lost item right from the ride receipt.
8. Driver Summaries We’ll email you a daily summary the day after you drive that reviews the amount you made for the day, the star ratings you received, and how close you to hitting peak hours. You’ll also receive a weekly summary on Tuesdays.
9. Conan, Ice Cube, and Kevin Hartonce took a Lyft together. It was a good day.
10. The Driver Portal Here's where your daily and weekly summaries live, as well as your referral code, tax, and direct deposit information — bookmark it! Also, make sure you set up your direct deposit as soon as possible, so you can be paid on time.
11. Read the Community Digest Look out for the Community Digest email every Monday night. It has all the most up-to-date information on everything from product changes to upcoming Lyft social events.
12. April Fools! Check out the time we surprised our passengers for April Fool's Day.
13. Read the Hub You're already here! Check in for daily for new posts.
14. Lyft for Good We're proud to be part of the Lyft for Good initiative.
15. Sing Along There's nothing more fun than a good sing-a-long.
16. Take Photos Any photographers in the house? We're big fans of Lyft-inspired snapshots, a.k.a. Lyftstagrams.
17. Lyft Creatives Being a #LyftCreative is all about using your ride as an opportunity to have fun and express yourself. Going above and beyond often means more tips. :-)
18. Lyft Jackings Prevent Lyft Jackings (when the wrong passenger gets in your car) by confirming your passenger’s name every time.
19. Fistbump It Out You should fistbump your passenger at the beginning of every ride, even if it's a little awkward sometimes.
20. 24/7 Support If you experience an accident or incident of any kind, be sure to call the Lyft Critical Response Team at 855-865-9553 to let us know the details of what happened. There are people there for you 24/7.
21.We're so glad to have you on board. See you soon at a community hangout!
Whether you're a veteran Lyfter or just attaching the ’stache for the first time today, introduce yourself in the comments below!