Last month, you personalized your profiles for a chance to win $300. A great icebreaker, driver profiles provide a simple, quick way to connect with your passengers. We loved each and every one — and had a hard time picking just 20. Here's a sampling of the winners:
We hear from drivers every day who use Lyft to help secure a bright financial future, including many who want help with savings and retirement plans. Today, we’re excited to deliver a first-of-its-kind solution through our new partnership with Honest Dollar.
Built for independent contractors, Honest Dollar is a savings platform that now offers discounted plans and education just for Lyft drivers. Head to the driver dashboard to sign up through our Accelerate rewards program.
Here’s what you can look forward to from Honest Dollar:
- $1 plans for the first 10,000 drivers. To sweeten the deal, Honest Dollar is offering all savings and retirement plans for just $1/month through the end of 2016 for the first 10,000 Lyft drivers who sign up.
- Affordable plans for everyone. After the $1/month offer ends, all drivers can still enjoy an exclusive discount, paying just $3/month compared to the non-driver rate of $8/month.
- No hidden costs. Honest Dollar has eliminated the complex fee structures found in many retirement plans. It’s free to set up an account, and you won’t start paying the monthly amount until you start investing.
- Seamless transactions. You can link your bank account directly to Honest Dollar for easy debits and credits, and use their mobile app for investing on the go.
- Financial education. Whether you’re already a finance whiz or just getting started, you’ll now have access to ongoing education that empowers you to make smart investments to meet your savings goals.
Everyone has different reasons for driving and different goals for the future. It’s one of the things that makes Lyft great, and it’s what inspires us to continue creating innovative partnerships to give you greater peace of mind — including with Allstate, Verizon, eHealth, Intuit, and now Honest Dollar. We’re excited to keep up the momentum, freeing your time to focus on enjoying the ride.
As a Lyft driver, your peace of mind is important to us — especially when it comes to insurance. We want to make sure you and your family enjoy the same security with your everyday healthcare needs that you have when you’re on the road with us, starting with picking a plan that’s right for you.
Open enrollment kicks off today, and the Affordable Care Act offers many choices to make sure you’re covered. To help you make the best choice for your needs, we’ve partnered with eHealth to give Lyft drivers easy access to the largest health insurance marketplace in the nation.
Even if you feel like you can’t afford health insurance, we encourage you to visit eHealth and explore your options. You have until Jan. 31 to sign up and pick a plan. Don’t forget: If you’re uninsured, you could face a costly tax penalty.
Medical debt is the leading cause of personal bankruptcy, making insurance valuable both for your family’s health and financial security. Save those hard-earned Halloween dollars and get started on a plan today.
(Questions about the enrollment process? Need help with your application? You can get assistance locally, for free. Visit www.getcoveredamerica.org/connector.)
In case you missed the livestream — or the news headlines — here's a look at last week's big event at HQ. Spoiler alert: It's a great time to drive with Lyft, and you've got a lot to look forward to.
Thanks to everyone who answered our surveys about what perks you’d love to see with Lyft. We take your feedback to heart, and we use it to shape the future.
Our driver community is legendary for helping out in an emergency, often jumping to each other’s rescue with battery jumps, tire swaps, and moral support. Inspired by your actions, we’re excited to announce a new partnership with Good Hands by Allstate to bring you 24/7 roadside assistance right from the app.
And if you’ve got Platinum status, we’ll foot the entire bill.Read More